share_log

Blood Purification Medical Devices Revolutionizing the Future of Health From Cancer to COVID

Blood Purification Medical Devices Revolutionizing the Future of Health From Cancer to COVID

血液淨化醫療設備:從癌症到COVID,改變未來健康
newsfile ·  06/03 21:05

Vancouver, Kelowna, and Delta, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - June 3, 2024) - Investorideas.com, a go-to investing platform, releases the first of a two-part series looking at medical device advancements for blood purification, featuring Aethlon Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ: AEMD), a medical therapeutic company focused on developing products to treat cancer and life-threatening infectious diseases.

溫哥華、基洛納和不列顛哥倫比亞省達美航空--(Newsfile Corp.,2024年6月3日)——首選投資平台Investorideas.com發佈了由兩部分組成的系列文章中的第一篇,該系列探討了血液淨化領域醫療器械的進步,該公司專注於開發治療癌症和危及生命的傳染病的產品。

Read the full article on Investorideas.com

在 Investorideas.com 上閱讀完整文章

According to Straits Research, "The global blood purification equipment market size was valued at USD 17,755.6 million in 2021. It is expected to reach USD 29242.21 million by 2030."

根據海峽研究公司的數據,“2021年,全球血液淨化設備的市場規模爲177.556億美元。預計到2030年將達到2.924221億美元。”

Aethlon Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ: AEMD), with a long history of development for its patented Hemopurifier blood purification device, just released an update on its planned phase 1 safety, feasibility and dose-finding clinical trials of its Hemopurifier in patients with solid tumors who have stable or progressive disease during anti-PD-1 monotherapy treatment, such as Keytruda or Opdivo.

Aethlon Medical, Inc.(納斯達克股票代碼:AEMD)擁有長期的專利血液淨化器血液淨化設備的開發歷史,剛剛發佈了其血液淨化器計劃在抗PD-1單一療法(例如Keytruda或Opdivo)治療期間患有穩定或進行性疾病的實體瘤患者的1期安全性、可行性和劑量發現臨床試驗的最新情況。

"We continue to make progress preparing for our planned, safety, feasibility and "dose finding" oncology trials in Australia and India, and want to provide our shareholders and other constituents with an update," stated Steven LaRosa, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Aethlon Medical. "In early May, we announced new data showing the in vitro removal of exosomes from cancer patient plasma using a miniature version of our Hemopurifier. This data has been quickly integrated into the required documentation for Ethics Committees at our potential clinical sites. On May 17, 2024, we provided these documents to the Contract Research Organizations for these planned clinical trials. Subsequently, on May 24, 2024, one potential site submitted the documents to its Ethics Board. An additional site in Australia and another in India are currently assembling the packages for submission to their Ethics Committees."

Aethlon Medical首席醫學官Steven LaRosa醫學博士表示:“我們在澳大利亞和印度的計劃中、安全性、可行性和 “劑量發現” 腫瘤試驗的準備工作繼續取得進展,並希望向我們的股東和其他成分提供最新情況。”“5月初,我們公佈了新的數據,顯示使用我們的微型血液淨化器體外去除癌症患者血漿中的外泌體。這些數據已迅速整合到我們潛在臨床場所的倫理委員會所需的文件中。2024 年 5 月 17 日,我們向合同研究組織提供了這些文件,用於這些計劃的臨床試驗。隨後,一個潛在網站於2024年5月24日向其道德委員會提交了文件。澳大利亞的另一個網站和印度的另一個網站目前正在整理一攬子計劃,以提交給其道德委員會。”

"Once we receive the expected Ethics Committee approvals, we will finalize the Clinical Trial Agreements. After this, hospitals can begin recruiting patients for the trials."

“一旦我們獲得倫理委員會的預期批准,我們將最終確定臨床試驗協議。之後,醫院可以開始招募患者參加試驗。”

As a reminder, the target patient population for these safety, feasibility, and dose finding trials is oncology patients with solid tumors who are failing their anti-PD-1 monotherapy treatment, such as Keytruda or Opdivo.

提醒一下,這些安全性、可行性和劑量發現試驗的目標患者群體是抗PD-1單一療法(例如Keytruda或Opdivo)失敗的實體瘤腫瘤患者。

The Aethlon Hemopurifier is a first-in-class technology designed for the rapid depletion of cancer-promoting exosomes and circulating viruses. The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has designated the Hemopurifier as a "Breakthrough Device" for the treatment of individuals with advanced or metastatic cancer who are either unresponsive to or intolerant of standard of care therapy, and with cancer types in which exosomes have been shown to participate in the development or severity of the disease; and life-threatening viruses that are not addressed with approved therapies.

Aethlon Hemopurifier 是一項首創的技術,專爲快速消滅促癌的外泌體和循環病毒而設計。美國食品藥品監督管理局(FDA)已將血液淨化器指定爲 “突破性設備”,用於治療對標準護理療法無反應或不耐受的晚期或轉移性癌症患者,以及已證明外泌體參與疾病發展或嚴重程度的癌症類型的人;以及經批准的療法無法治療的危及生命的病毒。

Zach's Research recently commented on Aethlon following positive data from an in vitro binding study it had implemented of the potential for the Hemopurifier to remove extracellular vesicles (EVs) directly from plasma of cancer patients.

Zach's Research最近對Aethlon發表了評論,此前該公司實施的一項體外結合研究顯示血液淨化器有可能直接從癌症患者血漿中去除細胞外囊泡(EV)。

"The data from this in vitro study is a critical element enabling the company to move the Hemopurifier forward in clinical oncology studies towards potential regulatory approval and commercialization. The company next intends to add this data to its Clinical Investigator Brochure, which will then be submitted to the Ethics Committees at clinical sites that are interested in participating in the planned phase 1 oncology trials in Australia and India. We expect AEMD to submit the Clinical Investigator Brochure this month."

“這項體外研究的數據是使公司能夠推動Hemopurifier在臨床腫瘤學研究中向前邁進的關鍵要素,以實現潛在的監管批准和商業化。該公司接下來打算將這些數據添加到其臨床研究者手冊中,然後將該手冊提交給有興趣參與計劃在澳大利亞和印度進行的1期腫瘤學試驗的臨床場所的倫理委員會。我們預計AEMD將在本月提交臨床研究者手冊。”

"AEMD will then seek to obtain approval by the respective Ethics Boards of interested sites in India. The company has a strong clinical working relationship with Medanta Medicity Hospital in Delhi, India, which is currently participating in a study of the Hemopurifier in COVID patients and it would not surprise us if Medanta Medicity Hospital had interest in participating in the oncology study."

“然後,AEMD將尋求獲得印度有關網站的相應道德委員會的批准。該公司與印度德里的Medanta Medicity醫院有着牢固的臨床工作關係,該醫院目前正在參與一項針對COVID患者血液淨化劑的研究,如果Medanta Medicity醫院有興趣參與腫瘤學研究,我們也就不足爲奇了。”

"Depending on how long it takes for the sites to review and potentially approve moving forward to participate in Aethlon's phase 1 trial, we believe clinical efforts could begin in 2H24. If Aethlon can demonstrate the ability of the Hemopurifier to improve outcomes of cancer patients suffering from a variety of different cancer types, we would anticipate strong commercial prospects for the Hemopurifier."

“我們認爲臨床工作可能會在24年下半年開始,具體取決於這些機構審查並可能批准繼續參與Aethlon的1期試驗所需的時間。如果Aethlon能夠證明血液淨化器能夠改善患有各種不同癌症類型的癌症患者的預後,那麼我們預計血液淨化器將具有良好的商業前景。”

In early May, CytoSorbents Corporation, a pioneer in critical care and cardiac surgery blood purification technologies, announced unaudited financial and operating results for the quarter ended March 31, 2024. The Company reported a robust 14% increase in product sales year over year and a sequential quarterly increase of 22%.

5月初,重症監護和心臟外科血液淨化技術的先驅CytoSorbents公司公佈了截至2024年3月31日的季度未經審計的財務和經營業績。該公司報告稱,產品銷售額同比強勁增長14%,季度連續增長22%。

From the news: Dr. Phillip Chan, Chief Executive Officer of CytoSorbents stated, "We are pleased to announce a strong start to 2024, driven by significant sales growth and operational efficiencies. First quarter 2024 product sales were $9.0 million, marking the highest quarter for core CytoSorb sales in nearly 3 years. We expanded our product gross margins to 76%, exclusive of a non-recurring inventory adjustment, up an absolute 8% from Q1 2023, which we believe highlights the scalability and efficiency of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and processes."

來自新聞: CytoSorbents首席執行官Phillip Chan博士表示:“我們很高興地宣佈,在顯著的銷售增長和運營效率的推動下,2024年開局良好。2024年第一季度的產品銷售額爲900萬美元,這是近3年來CytoSorb核心銷售額最高的季度。不包括非經常性庫存調整,我們將產品毛利率擴大到76%,比2023年第一季度絕對增長了8%,我們認爲這凸顯了我們最先進的製造設施和流程的可擴展性和效率。”

Furthermore, Principal Investigator Dr. Michael Mack presented the results of the U.S. and Canada pivotal STAR-T (Safe and Timely Antithrombotic Removal of Ticagrelor) randomized controlled trial at the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery (AATS) and at the KOL and Investor/Analyst Day we hosted earlier this week (replay available) that we believe support a favorable benefit-to-risk profile of the DrugSorb-ATR system* in the perioperative bleeding risk of patients undergoing isolated coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery within 2 days of receiving Brilinta (ticagrelor, AstraZeneca). We received positive and encouraging feedback on the importance of these data and the continued unmet medical need from cardiothoracic surgeons. Looking ahead, we expect to submit marketing applications for DrugSorb-ATR, which has an FDA Breakthrough Device Designation, to the FDA under the De Novo pathway, and Health Canada in the third quarter of 2024."

此外,首席研究員邁克爾·麥克博士在美國胸外科學會(AATS)年會上以及我們在本週早些時候舉辦的KOL和投資者/分析師日(可重播)上介紹了美國和加拿大的關鍵STAR-T(安全及時地切除替格瑞洛)隨機對照試驗的結果,我們認爲這些結果支持了DrugSorb-ATR系統的良好收益與風險狀況 * 在接受單獨冠狀動脈旁路移植 (CABG) 手術的患者圍手術期出血風險在 2 以內收到 Brilinta(ticagrelor、阿斯利康)的天數。關於這些數據的重要性以及心胸外科醫生持續未滿足的醫療需求,我們收到了積極而令人鼓舞的反饋。展望未來,我們預計將根據De Novo途徑向美國食品藥品管理局提交獲得美國食品藥品管理局突破性器械稱號的DrugSorb-ATR的上市申請,並在2024年第三季度向加拿大衛生部提交上市申請。”

Also focused on blood purification, Cerus Corporation, dedicated solely to safeguarding the world's blood supply, announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2024.

同樣專注於血液淨化的Cerus公司公佈了截至2024年3月31日的第一季度財務業績,該公司專門致力於保護世界血液供應。

Highlights included:

亮點包括:

  • U.S. ReCePI Phase 3 clinical trial successfully met primary endpoint for INTERCEPT Blood System for Red Blood Cells in cardiovascular surgery patients.
  • 美國Recepi 3期臨床試驗成功達到心血管外科患者紅細胞INTERCEPT血液系統的主要終點。
  • Received FDA approval of extended shelf life for INTERCEPT Platelet Processing Sets to 12 months, doubling the previous shelf life.
  • 獲得 FDA 批准,將 INTERCEPT 血小板處理套裝的保質期延長至 12 個月,是之前的保質期的兩倍。
  • Advanced the LED illuminator program towards the Company's target commercial launch in the EU in 2025.
  • 將LED照明器計劃推向了該公司2025年在歐盟商業推出的目標。

The Company is reiterating its full-year 2024 annual product revenue guidance range of $172 million to $175 million. Included in this range is full-year 2024 guidance for INTERCEPT Fibrinogen Complex, which is expected to be between $8 million to $10 million.

該公司重申其2024年全年產品收入指導區間爲1.72億美元至1.75億美元。該範圍中包括INTERCEPT纖維蛋白原複合物的2024年全年指導方針,預計將在800萬至1000萬美元之間。

"The Cerus team delivered against our plans for Q1, paving the way for the balance of 2024, with great progress on clinical milestones and a strong return to growth for our commercial business. The positive topline readout from ReCePI, the U.S. Phase 3 clinical trial for INTERCEPT Red Blood Cells, is a significant milestone for the program and for our efforts to potentially bring this product to the market globally," stated William "Obi" Greenman, Cerus' President and Chief executive Officer. "Red blood cells are the most commonly transfused blood components worldwide, and we are committed to providing the full INTERCEPT portfolio for all transfused blood components to our customers around the globe."

“Cerus團隊實現了我們第一季度的計劃,爲2024年的剩餘時間鋪平了道路,在臨床里程碑方面取得了長足的進展,我們的商業業務恢復了強勁的增長。Cerus總裁兼首席執行官William “Obi” Greenman表示,美國INTERCEPT紅細胞的三期臨床試驗,其積極的標題是該項目的重要里程碑,也是我們努力將該產品推向全球市場的重要里程碑。“紅細胞是全球最常輸血的血液成分,我們致力於爲全球客戶提供所有輸血成分的完整INTERCEPT產品組合。”

The INTERCEPT Blood System for platelets and plasma is available globally and remains the only pathogen reduction system with both CE mark and FDA approval for these two blood components. The INTERCEPT red blood cell system is under regulatory review in Europe, and in late-stage clinical development in the US. Also in the US, the INTERCEPT Blood System of Cryoprecipitation is approved for the production of Pathogen Reduced Cryoprecipitated Fibrinogen Complex (commonly referred to as INTERCEPT Fibrinogen Complex), a therapeutic product for the treatment and control of bleeding associated with fibrinogen deficiency, including massive hemorrhage.

用於血小板和血漿的 INTERCEPT 血液系統在全球上市,並且仍然是唯一一款針對這兩種血液成分同時獲得 CE 標誌和 FDA 批准的病原體還原系統。INTERCEPT紅細胞系統正在歐洲接受監管審查,而美國則處於後期臨床開發階段。同樣在美國,INTERCEPT低溫沉澱血液系統獲准用於生產病原體還原性低溫沉澱纖維蛋白原複合物(通常稱爲INTERCEPT纖維蛋白原複合物),這是一種治療產品,用於治療和控制與纖維蛋白原缺乏相關的出血,包括大量出血。

In mid- May, Spectral Medical Inc., a Phase 3 company seeking US FDA approval for its unique product for the treatment of patients with septic shock, Toraymyxin ("PMX"), announced its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2024, and provided a corporate update.

5月中旬,尋求美國食品藥品管理局批准其治療敗血性休克患者的獨特產品Toraymyxin(“PMX”)的三期公司Spectral Medical Inc. 公佈了截至2024年3月31日的第一季度財務業績,並提供了公司最新情況。

PMX is a therapeutic hemoperfusion device that removes endotoxin, which can cause sepsis, from the bloodstream and is guided by the Company's Endotoxin Activity Assay (EAA), the only FDA cleared diagnostic for the risk of developing sepsis.

PMX是一種治療性血液灌注設備,可從血液中去除可能導致敗血症的內毒素,並以該公司的內毒素活性測定(EAA)爲指導,這是美國食品藥品管理局唯一批准的敗血症風險診斷方法。

From the news:Spectral has continued its significant progress throughout the first quarter of 2024 both clinically and operationally and year-to-date enrolled 25 patients for a total of 106 patients out of the 150 total patient's target. The Company is focused on the final push to fully enroll and finish the Tigris trial and believes that the continued onboarding of new Tigris sites since the fourth quarter of 2023 could further accelerate enrollment and allow Spectral to rapidly reach the 150-patients target, bringing the Company closer to FDA submission and potential FDA approval. In parallel to its clinical trial, the Company continues to work closely with its commercialization partner, Baxter. In Q1 2024, Baxter exercised its right to maintain its exclusive distribution for PMX products in the U.S. and Canada and paid Spectral a non-dilutive milestone payment. Additionally, Spectral and Baxter mutually agreed to amend the initial term of their commercial partnership to ten years post-FDA approval of PMX. The Company believes this amendment provides a mutually beneficial runway for the parties to maximize PMX commercial economics, while providing motivation for continued support and allocation of resources to the PMX partnership.

來自新聞:在整個2024年第一季度,Spectral在臨床和運營方面繼續取得重大進展,今年迄今爲止,在150名患者的目標患者中,共招收了25名患者,共計106名患者。該公司專注於全面註冊和完成底格里斯試驗的最後一步,並認爲自2023年第四季度以來底格里斯新基地的持續上線可能會進一步加快招募速度,使Spectral能夠迅速達到150名患者的目標,從而使公司更接近FDA的申請和FDA的潛在批准。在進行臨床試驗的同時,該公司繼續與其商業化合作夥伴百特密切合作。2024年第一季度,百特行使了維持其在美國和加拿大對PMX產品的獨家分銷的權利,並向Spectral支付了非稀釋性的里程碑付款。此外,Spectral和Baxter共同同意將其商業合作伙伴關係的初始期限修改爲美國食品藥品管理局批准PMX後的十年。該公司認爲,該修正案爲雙方提供了一個互惠互利的途徑,以最大限度地提高PMX的商業經濟效益,同時爲PMX合作伙伴關係的持續支持和資源分配提供了動力。

Blood Purification technology made headlines during the pandemic when several companies including Baxter International Inc. received emergency use authorization (EUA) from the US FDA. Baxter's approval was for the company's Oxiris filter set to treat patients who have confirmed COVID-19 and have been admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) with confirmed or imminent respiratory failure in need of blood purification therapy to reduce pro-inflammatory cytokine levels, including use in continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT).

血液淨化技術在大流行期間成爲頭條新聞,當時包括百特國際公司在內的幾家公司獲得了美國食品藥品管理局的緊急使用授權(EUA)。百特批准了該公司的Oxiris過濾器,該過濾器套裝用於治療確診爲 COVID-19 並因確診或即將出現呼吸衰竭而進入重症監護室(ICU)的患者,需要進行血液淨化治療以降低促炎細胞因子水平,包括用於持續腎臟替代療法(CRRT)。

Separate from its current focus on cancer treatment, Aethlon (NASDAQ: AEMD) investigates the potential for the use of the Hemopurifier in viral diseases under an open Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) and their FDA Breakthrough Designation for "...the treatment of life-threatening glycosylated viruses that are not addressed with an approved therapy."

除了目前專注於癌症治療外,Aethlon(納斯達克股票代碼:AEMD)還根據一項公開的研究設備豁免(IDE)及其美國食品藥品管理局的突破性認定,研究了在病毒性疾病中使用血液淨化劑的可能性,即 “... 治療未通過批准療法處理的危及生命的糖基化病毒”。

Based on our studies to date, the Hemopurifier can potentially clear many viruses that are pathogenic in humans, including HCV, HIV, Sars-CoV-2, and Ebola."

根據我們迄今爲止的研究,血液淨化器有可能清除許多對人類具有致病性的病毒,包括丙型肝炎、艾滋病毒、SARS-CoV-2和埃博拉。”

For the companies in this sector, the drive for innovation is 'in their blood', and with the global threats of viruses and future pandemics on the rise, it's a sector worth watching.

對於該領域的公司來說,創新的動力 “在他們的血液中”,隨着病毒和未來流行病的全球威脅不斷上升,這是一個值得關注的行業。

Research biotech and medical device/ tech stocks at Investorideas.com

在 Investorideas.com 上研究生物技術和醫療設備/科技股

About Investorideas.com - Big Investing Ideas

關於 Investorideas.com-大型投資創意

Investorideas.com is the go-to platform for big investing ideas. From breaking stock news to top-rated investing podcasts, we cover it all. Our original branded content includes podcasts such as Exploring Mining, Cleantech, Crypto Corner, Cannabis News, and the AI Eye. We also create free investor stock directories for sectors including mining, crypto, renewable energy, gaming, biotech, tech, sports and more. Public companies within the sectors we cover can use our news publishing and content creation services to help tell their story to interested investors. Paid content is always disclosed.

Investorideas.com是提出重大投資創意的首選平台。從重大股票新聞到收視率最高的投資播客,我們涵蓋了所有內容。我們的原創品牌內容包括《探索礦業》、《清潔技術》、《加密專區》、《大麻新聞》和《人工智能之眼》等播客。我們還爲採礦、加密、可再生能源、遊戲、生物技術、科技、體育等行業創建免費的投資者股票名錄。我們所涵蓋領域的上市公司可以使用我們的新聞出版和內容創作服務來幫助感興趣的投資者講述他們的故事。付費內容始終是公開的。

Disclaimer/Disclosure: This news article featuring AEMD is a paid for news release on Investorideas.com -Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. This is not investment opinion: Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. More disclaimer info: Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services and prices on the Investorideas.com newswire Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country. Please read Investorideas.com privacy policy:

免責聲明/披露: 這篇以AEMD爲主題的新聞文章是Investorideas.com上發佈的付費新聞稿——我們的網站不推薦購買或出售股票、服務或產品。這不是投資觀點:我們網站上的任何內容都不應被解釋爲買入或出售產品或證券的要約或邀請。所有投資都涉及風險和可能的損失。更多免責聲明信息:在Investorideas.com新聞專線上了解有關發佈您的新聞稿以及我們的其他新聞服務和價格的更多信息全球投資者必須遵守每個國家的法規。請閱讀 Investorideas.com 隱私政策:

Follow us on X @investorideas
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on YouTube

在 X 上關注我們 @investorideas
在臉書上關注我們在 YouTube 上關注我們

Contact Investorideas.com
800-665-0411

聯繫 Investorideas.com
800-665-0411

譯文內容由第三人軟體翻譯。

以上內容僅用作資訊或教育之目的,不構成與富途相關的任何投資建議。富途竭力但無法保證上述全部內容的真實性、準確性和原創性。
    搶先評論