MALTA, N.Y., May 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- At its annual GF Technology Summit (GTS), GlobalFoundries (Nasdaq: GFS) (GF), today announced GF Connex, the industry's most comprehensive and advanced portfolio of feature-rich radio frequency (RF) technology solutions for next generation wireless connectivity. GF Connex includes best in class design enablement and an extensive partner ecosystem for delivering breakthrough wireless-connected products. Products based on GF Connex are on the market today through GF's collaborations with industry leaders and innovators including Broadcom, Fujikura, MediaTek, Orca Systems and Skyworks.
纽约州马耳他，2022年5月19日/美通社/--在一年一度的广发科技峰会(GTS)上，GlobalFoundries(纳斯达克：GFS)(广发)今天宣布推出业界最全面、最先进的用于下一代无线连接的功能丰富的射频(RF)技术解决方案组合--GF ConneX。GF ConneX包括一流的设计支持和广泛的合作伙伴生态系统，可提供突破性的无线连接产品。通过广发与博通、富士、联发科、奥卡系统和Skyworks等行业领先者和创新者的合作，基于广发康耐视的产品今天已投放市场。
"Our ability to provide leadership solutions for wireless connectivity is rooted in our rich RF innovation heritage," said Dr. Thomas Caulfield, president and CEO, GF. "The GF Connex portfolio enables our customers to deliver market-leading innovation, expanding the pervasive deployment of semiconductors powering a new generation of intelligent wireless products."
广发公司总裁兼首席执行官Thomas Caulfield博士说：“我们为无线连接提供领先解决方案的能力植根于我们丰富的射频创新传统。GF ConneX产品组合使我们的客户能够提供市场领先的创新，扩大为新一代智能无线产品提供动力的半导体的普遍部署。“
When it comes to connectivity, the best wireless wins and a "one-size-fits-all" approach does not work. The GF Connex portfolio showcases purpose-built solutions based on GF's RF silicon-on-insulator (SOI), FDX™, silicon-germanium (SiGe) and fin field-effect transistor (FinFET) platforms fulfilling the application-specific requirements of wireless in smart mobile devices and communications infrastructure, home and industrial IoT, and automotive including:
- Smart Mobile Devices & Communications Infrastructure: GF Connex solutions sets are tailored to deliver the exacting requirements of 5G sub-6GHz (gigahertz) and mmWave applications, delivering outstanding performance, integration and area advantages, and exceptional power efficiency. This means GF customers can design cellular systems that enable smartphones to stay connected longer on a single charge, and cellular and satellite communications that deliver more robust, reliable and swift connections.
- Home and Industrial IoT: GF Connex solutions have application-specific features that deliver exceptional power efficiency, high performance edge computing and robust non-volatile memory integration. This enables GF customers to design tightly integrated, high performing, ultra-low power wireless system on chips (SoCs) that enable extremely power-efficient intelligent Internet of Things (IoT) products.
- Automotive: GF Connex mmWave solutions fulfill the highest automotive grade RADAR mission profiles, making it possible for GF customers to design innovative sensors that boast extended range, high resolution imagery at low latency and an unprecedented level of integration and power efficiency.
- 智能移动设备和通信基础设施：GF ConneX解决方案集专为满足5G低于6 GHz(千兆赫)和毫米波应用的严格要求而量身定做，提供卓越的性能、集成度和面积优势以及卓越的能效。这意味着广发客户可以设计蜂窝系统，使智能手机一次充电保持更长时间的连接，以及提供更强大、可靠和快速连接的蜂窝和卫星通信。
- 家庭和工业物联网：GF ConneX解决方案具有特定于应用的功能，可提供卓越的能效、高性能边缘计算和强大的非易失性存储器集成。这使广发客户能够设计紧密集成、高性能、超低功耗的无线片上系统(SoC)，从而实现极具能效的智能物联网(IoT)产品。
- 汽车：GF ConneX毫米波解决方案实现了最高的汽车级雷达任务配置文件，使GF客户能够设计具有更大射程、低延迟的高分辨率图像以及前所未有的集成度和能效的创新传感器。
Customer demand for GF Connex solutions has grown 47% in the last two years, demonstrating strong market momentum. GF Connex solutions are in volume production today, with close to 100 billion chips shipped to date.
Customers strongly endorse GF Connex portfolio
"Broadcom's Wireless Semiconductor Division supplies industry-leading performance, highly integrated RF front-end (RFFE) solutions that enable our customers to deliver the best possible 5G experience to their end users. We continuously improve product performance in an ever more complex and physically constrained environment. To achieve this, we combine the best available technologies. GF's advances in SOI technology have been a key enabler to keep improving our product performance," said Youngwoo Kwon, senior vice president and general manager of Broadcom's Wireless Semiconductor Division.
"mmWave is not just important for 5G today but will be a key foundation for beyond 5G and 6G networks," said Kenji Nishide, head of the Electronics Technologies Research and Development Center at Fujikura. "5G and future networks will require highly efficient base station transmitters that also deliver exceptional receiver performance to support demanding user requirements for data rate and network coverage, all of which are enabled by the GF Connex high-performance SiGe platform."
"Advanced connectivity technologies like Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2 require more artificial intelligence (AI) processing power, energy efficiency and robust security," said HW Kao, MediaTek corporate vice president and general manager of the manufacturing operations functional unit. "MediaTek's collaboration with GF helps us meet those demands with all-in-one solutions that offer energy efficiency, reliability and high-performance connectivity in small form factor designs that are ideal for a wide range of IoT devices."
联发科公司副总裁兼制造运营职能部门总经理HW Kao表示：“Wi-Fi 6和蓝牙5.2等先进的连接技术需要更强的人工智能(AI)处理能力、能效和强大的安全性。”联发科与广发的合作帮助我们通过一体化解决方案满足了这些需求，这些一体化解决方案在小巧的外形设计中提供能效、可靠性和高性能连接，是各种物联网设备的理想选择。“
"Orca Systems has developed the first fully integrated wireless system on chip (SoC) solution for direct to satellite IoT connectivity over a low-earth orbit (LEO) satellite network," said John McDonough, CEO at Orca Systems. "GF's RF leadership and significant integration and low power feature advantages were critical to bringing this innovative SoC to market."
Orca Systems开发了第一个完全集成的无线片上系统(SoC)解决方案，用于通过低地球轨道(LEO)卫星网络直接连接到卫星物联网。约翰·麦克多诺，Orca Systems的首席执行官。广发的射频领导地位以及显著的集成度和低功耗特性优势是将这种创新的SoC推向市场的关键。“
"Our long-standing collaboration with GF has provided Skyworks early access to best-in-class switch and low noise amplifier (LNA) technology enabling us to pioneer breakthroughs in RF front-end modules," said Joel King, senior vice president and general manager of Mobile Solutions for Skyworks. "Skyworks is uniquely positioned to engineer and seamlessly integrate advancements to increasingly smaller, more efficient form factors, purpose-built and customized for specific end markets and applications, including next-generation mobile devices and IoT applications."
Additional customer RF news: GlobalFoundries and Motorola Solutions Announce Strategic Agreement for Chip Supply
GlobalFoundries, Inc. (GF) is one of the world's leading semiconductor manufacturers. GF is redefining innovation and semiconductor manufacturing by developing and delivering feature-rich process technology solutions that provide leadership performance in pervasive high growth markets. GF offers a unique mix of design, development, and fabrication services. With a talented and diverse workforce and an at-scale manufacturing footprint spanning the U.S., Europe and Asia, GF is a trusted technology source to its worldwide customers. For more information, visit .
SOURCE GlobalFoundries (GF)